The perceived wisdom (here in the UK at least) seems to be that we should all just let the castles fall down. Well poo poo to that! Let's rebuild the blighters.
Here's my thinking:
- Walking around ruins is boring? I thought so as a child, I think so as an adult.
- Once castle experts have got over the whole "don't touch" business, they'll have a whale of a time figuring out how to do it.
- We're up in arms when developers let old buildings crumble and collapse. What's the difference?
- People pay to help out on eco-builds, and these are castles people. They'll be queues around the keep.
- Think of the feasts, the sieges, the flinging of historically accurate quadrupeds and the sky plop window toileting to do once Kevin McCloud signs them off.
- It'll really annoy stuffy traditionalists.
- You know it makes sense.